Sensing and Computing for Intelligent Infrastructure
- Kromanis R, Kripakaran P (2016), SHM of bridges: characterising thermal response and detecting anomaly events using a temperature-based measurement interpretation approach, Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring, vol. 6, no. 2, 237-254.
- Kromanis R, Kripakaran P, Harvey B (2015), Long-term structural health monitoring of the Cleddau bridge: evaluation of quasi-static temperature effects on bearing movements, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 12, no. 10, 1342-1355.
- Kromanis R, Kripakaran P (2014), Predicting thermal response of bridges using regression models derived from measurement histories, COMPUT STRUCT, vol. 136, 64-77.
- Kromanis R, Kripakaran P (2013), Support Vector Regression for Anomaly Detection from Measurement Histories, ADVANCED ENGINEERING INFORMATICS, vol. 27, no. 4, 486-495.
- Kripakaran P, Hall B, Gupta A (2012), A Genetic Algorithm for Design of Moment-Resisting Steel Frames, STRUCT MULTIDISC OPT., vol. 44, 559-574.
- Goulet JA, Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2010), Multimodel Structural Performance Monitoring, J STRUCT ENG-ASCE, vol. 136, no. 10, 1309-1318.
- Rhode-Barbarigos L, Jain H, Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2010), Design of tensegrity structures using parametric analysis and stochastic search, ENG COMPUT-GERMANY, vol. 26, no. 2, 193-203.
- Posenato D, Kripakaran P, Inaudi D, Smith IFC (2010), Methodologies for model-free data interpretation of civil engineering structures, COMPUT STRUCT, vol. 88, no. 7-8, 467-482.
- Saitta S, Kripakaran P, Raphael B, Smith IFC (2010), Feature Selection Using Stochastic Search: An Application to System Identification, J COMPUT CIVIL ENG, vol. 24, no. 1, 3-10.
- Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2009), Configuring and enhancing measurement systems for damage identification, ADVANCED ENGINEERING INFORMATICS, vol. 23, no. 4, 424-432.
- Kripakaran P, Gupta A, Matzen VC (2008), Computational framework for remotely operable laboratories, ENG COMPUT-GERMANY, vol. 24, no. 4, 405-415.
- Saitta S, Kripakaran P, Raphael B, Smith IFC (2008), Improving system identification using clustering, J COMPUT CIVIL ENG, vol. 22, no. 5, 292-302. (Received the best paper award)
- Kripakaran P, Gupta A, Baugh JW (2007), A novel optimization approach for minimum cost design of trusses, COMPUT STRUCT, vol. 85, no. 23-24, 1782-1794.
- Gupta A, Kripakaran P, Mahinthakumar GK, Baugh JW (2005), Genetic algorithm-based decision support for optimizing seismic response of piping systems, J STRUCT ENG-ASCE, vol. 131, no. 3, 389-398.
- Kromanis R. and Kripakaran P. (2014) Integrated Analysis of Vehicular and Thermal Effects Within a Structural Health Monitoring System, 6th World Conference on Structural Control and Monitoring (6WCSCM), Barcelona, Spain, 14th-17th Jul 2014.
- Kromanis R., Harvey B. and Kripakaran P. (2014) Evaluation of quasi-static temperature effects on the Cleddau bridge from continuous monitoring, Structural Faults + Repairs 2014, 15th European Bridge Conference, Imperial College, London, UK, 9th-11th Jul 2014.
- Kromanis R. and Kripakaran P. (2014) Kriging models for compensating thermal response in measurements from bridges monitoring, in: A. Javadi ,M.S. Hussain (Eds.), 22nd UK Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACME2014), University of Exeter, UK, 2nd-4th Apr 2014, pages 169-172.
- Kromanis R. and Kripakaran P. (2013) Continuous monitoring of bridges: methodologies for anomaly detection using thermal response predictions, International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring on Intelligent Infrastructure (SHMII-6), Hong Kong, 9th - 11th Dec 2013.
- Kromanis R, Kripakaran P (2012), Support vector machines for anomaly detection from measurement histories, International Workshop: Intelligent Computing in Engineering, Herrsching, Germany, 4th - 6th July, 2012.
- Goulet J, Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2009), Considering Sensor Characteristics during Measurement-System Design for Structural System Identification. ASCE Conf. Proc., vol. 346, no. 41052, 8-8.
- Goulet J, Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2009), Estimation of modeling errors in structural system identification, The 4th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure (SHMII-4), Zurich, Switzerland, 22nd - 24th Jul 2009.
- Goulet J, Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2009), Structural identification to improve bridge management, 33rd IABSE Symposium, Bangkok, Thailand, 9th - 11th Sep 2009.
- Kripakaran P, Saitta S, Smith IFC (2008), A process model for structural identification, 7th European Conference on Product and Process Modelling: E-Work and E-Business in Architecture, Engineering and Construction, Sophia Antipolis, France, 10th - 12th Sep 2008, 59-66.
- Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2008), Damage identification in truss bridges using multiple models, 15th EG-ICE Workshop on Intelligent Computing in Engineering (ICE08), Plymouth, UK, 2nd - 4th Jul 2008.
- Smith IFC, Kripakaran P (2008), Model based reasoning for life-cycle structural engineering, Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Life-Cycle Civil Engineering, Varenna, ITALY, 10th - 14th Jun 2008, 959-964.
- Kripakaran P, Ravindran S, Saitta S, Smith IFC (2007), Measurement System Design Using Damage Scenarios. ASCE Conf. Proc., vol. 261, no. 40937, 73-73.
- Ravindran S, Kripakaran P, Smith IFC (2007), Evaluating reliability of multiple-model system identification, Proceedings of the 14th European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering (EG-ICE) Workshop: Bringing ITC Knowledge to Work, Maribor, Slovenia, 26th - 29th Jun 2007, 643-652.
- Kripakaran P, Saitta S, Ravindran S, Smith IFC (2007), Optimal sensor placement for damage detection: Role of global search, Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, Univ Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany, 3rd - 7th Sep 2007, 302-306.
- Kripakaran P, Saitta S, Ravindran S, Smith IFC (2007), System Identification: Data Mining to Explore Multiple Models, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Vancouver, Canada, 13th - 16th Nov 2007, U179-U188.
- Kripakaran P, Gupta A (2006), Computational Approaches for Decision Support in Structural Performance Evaluation. ASCE Conf. Proc., vol. 202, no. 40878, 17-17.
- Kripakaran P, Gupta A, Matzen VC (2006), Software architectures for remotely operable civil engineering laboratories, 2006 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Chicago, Illinois, 18th - 21st Jun 2006.
- Kripakaran P, Gupta A (2006), MGA - A mathematical approach to generate design alternatives, Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop of the European Group for Intelligent Computing in Engineering, Ascona, Switzerland, 25th - 30th Jun 2006, vol. 4200, 2006, 408-415.
- Kripakaran P, Gupta A, Kumar GM, Baugh JW (2003), New GA Approaches For Pipe Support Optimization, 2003 ASCE Structures Congress and Exposition, Seattle, Washington, 29th May - 1st Jun 2003.
- Gupta A, Kripakaran P, Kumar SV, Baugh JW (2002), Optimizing seismic response of secondary systems on workstation clusters, 2002 ASCE Structures Congress and Exposition, Denver, Colorado, 4th - 6th Apr 2002.
Contact: Prakash Kripakaran,
University of Exeter, Harrison Building, North Park Road,
Exeter EX4 4QF.