List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset
Site Identification Number - 152
Exford parish, Somerset
Adits and open workings 2/3 mile south of Exford. Promoted as the Wheal Gregory Iron and Copper Mine in 1857 and then opened up in 1859 by the Exford Iron Mine and Colour Co. Ltd. but there is no evidence of sustained working at that time. Leased by the Exford Iron Ore Co. Ltd. 1875-81.
[LIST INDEX | CONTENTS PAGE]
Peter Claughton / Dept. of Economic and Social History
Last modified 6 June 1998