List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset
Deer Park Mine.
Site Identification Number - 140
Exmoor parish, Somerset
Also known as Bluegate Mine. Shafts east of road one mile southwest of Simonsbath plus two adits in Drybridge Combe at 75853865 and 76053830. With other trial adits on both sides of valley above the cairn. Worked for iron commencing in 1854 then taken over by Schneider and Hannay in 1856 but closed down in 1857. Reopened in 1910 and worked by Exmoor Mining Syndicate from 1912 until 1913.
See Burton for all mines within this parish
[LIST INDEX | CONTENTS PAGE]
Peter Claughton / Dept. of Economic and Social History
Last modified 25 May 1998