List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset
Site Identification Number - 127
Molland parish, Devon
Shafts and adit 250 yds SSE of Gourt Farm. Worked for copper in 18th century and again 1855-67 when operations were transfered from Bremley. Remains of engine house, set back from main shaft, built for small all-indoor Sims combined cylinder engine used for pumping and winding. (For full details of the engine see Atkinson 1997, pp. 61-65)
For brief details of iron and copper mining in this parish see Atkinson 1997, pp. 36-37 and 55-65 respectively.
[LIST INDEX | CONTENTS PAGE]
Peter Claughton / Dept. of Economic and Social History
Last modified 25 May 1998