List of Mines in North Devon and West Somerset
Chapel Park Mine.
Site Identification Number -
Bideford (East-the-Water), Devon
Shafts and adit 1300 yds east of Bideford Long Bridge. Remains of winding engine house. Paint pigment and anthracite workings during 18th century. Formed part of Bideford Anthracite Mine in mid 19th century; subsequently worked for paint pigment up to early part of 20th century. (Claughton, Spring 1976)
[LIST INDEX | CONTENTS PAGE]
Peter Claughton / Dept. of Economic and Social History
Last modified 24 April 1998