|1||After starting up ircle, you will see several windows appear. Ignore these for the moment as we need to set up the preferences first.
- Choose Startup... from the Preferences... item of the File menu to display the Startup preferences dialog box below.
|3||If there was no appropriate server listed, or you wish to use another one anyway, choose the Other server... option at the bottom of the pull-down server list. You will see this dialog:|
- Type in the name of the new server;
- Check the Add to menu box if you want to use this server agian in a later session
- Click the OK button.
In the Startup preferences dialog box:|
- Enter a Nickname - the name you want to be known by when chatting;
- Enter a Username - optional. This name will be displayed along with your site address in the User List window;
- Enter your Real name - also optional. You could set this to your email address.
- Click on the OK button to accept these entries.
Your basic preferences are now set-up, ready for you to connect with the server.