|Convenor:||Jim Isaak||United States|
|Secretariat:||Mary Ellen Ames||United States|
|Project Editor:||Jon Spencer||United States|
|Vice Chair:||Herman Weegenaar||Netherlands|
Attendees: Canada David Blackwood Patric Dempster George Kriger Arnie Powell HoD Convenor Jim Isaak Denmark Keld Simonsen HoD Germany Ron Elliott HoD Japan Nobuo Saito HoD Netherlands Herman Weegenaar HoD United Kingdom Dave Cannon HoD Martin Kirk United States Jay Ashford John Hill Lowell Johnson Roger Martin HoD Barry Needham Gerald Powell Fritz Schulz
John Hill was appointed as chair of the drafting committee. John Hill requested that all resolutions be submitted to the drafting committee in electronic format.
Canada: David Blackwood Denmark: Keld Simonsen Germany: Ron Elliott United States: John Hill
Closed. Not all member bodies responded. Barry Needham plans to repeat the process one more time before the end of 1994.
2. Convenor: Confirm that N423 has been circulated to SC22 for comment.
3. United States:
4. United States: Consider the United Kingdom Contributions on a proposed new rigorously conforming conformance class (open action items 9210-77, 9305-26, 9310-13).
5. United States: Supply a copy of the latest draft of 1003.2b to WG15 for review and comment(open action item 9305-31, 9310-15).
6. United States: Investigate making electronic copies of draft documents available to WG15. (open action item 9305-33, 9310-16)
Open. Final approval not yet received from the IEEE. Info will be posted to the WG15 reflector when available.
7. United States: To provide a plan for incorporating into 9945-1 the additional rationale regarding the use of the terms "byte" and "character" as referenced in WG15 N349. (open action item 9305-40, 9310-18)
8. Project Editor: Prepare a preliminary disposition of comments for 9945-2 and circulate them in July to WG15 member bodies. (open action item 9305-41, 9310-19)
9. RGCPA: WG15 instructs RGCPA to review WG15 N461 and report back to WG15 at it's next meeting as to it's potential relationship to IEEE 1003.0. (open action item 9305-52, 9310-20)
10. Convenor: Request a response from RGCPA to WG15 action item 9405-10 before the October 94 meeting.
11. Convenor: Distribute the draft document of the real-time rapporteur group (RRG) of SC22/WG9 (Ada) "proposed standard API for hard real- time services" to SC22/WG15.
12. Project Editor: Notify the development body of collation weight requirements. (resolution 93-230, open action item 9305-60, 9310-23)
13. Convenor: Request invitation from Denmark for spring 1996 WG15 meeting.
14. United States: Review the scope of WG15 POSIX security related items and position this work relative to the proposed program of work and terms of reference of SC21, SC18, and their working groups. United States member body will identify any areas of overlap and report their findings back to WG15.(open action item Paris- 01, 9310-25)
15. Member Bodies: Member bodies to contribute national profiles that they have developed to RIN and WG20.(open action item Paris 07, 9310-26)
16. Canada: Provide a national profile to RIN and WG20 or provide a progress report on 9405-15 to WG15 by the Oct 94 meeting.
17. United Kingdom: Provide a national profile to RIN and WG20 or provide a progress report on 9405-15 to WG15 by the Oct 94 meeting.
18. United States and New Zealand: Identify the basis for partitioning of functionality contained in language bindings.(open action item 9310-30)
19. Member bodies: Identify participants in the 9945-1 and 9945-2 interpretations process. Representatives should be identified to the Convenor via email as soon as possible.(open action item 9310-37)
20. Canada: Review draft 8 of 2003.2 and comment to RGCT for discussion at the Oct/94 meeting.
21. United Kingdom: Review draft 8 of 2003.2 and comment to RGCT at the Oct/94 meeting.
22. RIN: Develop a draft WG15 position on ISO 10646 impact on POSIX standards for consideration by WG15 no later than the October 1994 WG15 meeting (open action item 9310-46).
23. Member bodies: Comment to WG15 draft position on ISO 10646 impact on POSIX standards (open action item 9310-47).
Open. Dependent on RIN completing open action 9405-022.
24. United States: Report back on option annex status and development for relevant POSIX specifications (open action item 9310-48).
25. Project editor: Schedule an editing meeting to develop and forward disposition of comments for DIS 13210 to the SC22 Secretariat (open action item 9310-57).
26. Convenor: Provide via email to WG15 the closure date for NP ballot of 2003.1 (open action item 9310-58).
27. Convenor: Determine the NP number for 2003.1 (open action item 9310-58).
Closed. Number is 14515-1 for 2003.1
28. Project editor: Request ITTF to assign part number 0 to IEEE 1372 LIS for JTC1 numbering (open action item 9310-64).
29. Member bodies: Review and comment on the project management format contained in N486.
30. Convenor: Distribute a report in N486 format and post an agenda item to review at the October 94 meeting.
31. Vice Chair: Reorganize SD-3 to split open and resolved issues.
Open. (Closed/Completed during the meeting)
32. United States: Query PASC on WG15 issue list item 3 and report back to WG15 on the status of this issue.
33. Convenor: Forward resolution 94-x270 requesting CEN involvement with the work of WG15 to SC22.
34. Project editor: Provide a pictorial view of how standards are managed and combined for WG15 mailing prior to the Oct/94 meeting.
35. United States: Report on the status of issues raised in N459 at the Oct/94 meeting.
36. Convenor: To forward to WG13 the WG15 liaison statement (N477).
37. RIN: Review the WG20 liaison issues in WG15 N466 and report back to the Oct/94 WG15 meeting with recommendations with respect to what the WG15 position should be and a proposed liaison statement if required.
38. Convenor: Issue a request for person to act as WG15 liaison to SC27(security), SCWG5(Fortran), EWOS (conformance testing and profiles).
39. Project editor: Request IEEE to make 9945-2 available to Japan in an electronic troff format to aid in their translation effort.
40. Convenor: Send N490 to SC27 and 1003.6, reference WG15 resolution 94- 275.
41. Convenor: Forward N480 to SC21 as the WG15 contribution relating to JTC1 N2527, with reference to ISO Guide 25, reference WG15 resolution 94-273.
42. Member bodies: Determine the feasibility of working with CEN as documented in N444 for the registry of POSIX national profiles, locales, and charmaps for discussion at the Oct/94 meeting.
43. Convenor: Forward N387r to SC22 for consultative letter ballot as a new NP and request assignment to WG15.
44. Member bodies: Provide detailed proposals for the Oct/94 meeting on how the work on the Guide for National Profiles and Locales is to be structured and completed.
45. SGFS Liaison: Forward the SGFS liaison statement incorporating WG15 resolutions 94-269 and WG15 N470 to SGFS.
46. SGFS Liaison: Forward N496 to SGFS in response to their liaison statement.
47. RESEC Lead Rapporteur: To establish email list, reflector, and archive service for national bodies interested in the security work of WG15.
48. RGCPA Lead Rapporteur: To provide a report at the Oct/94 meeting on their progress towards completing their terms of reference.
49. Denmark: To provide a report of their problems with the IEEE defect response to WG15 via email by 30/06/94.
50. Convenor: To issue a call to all member bodies to participate in the synchronization ad hoc.
51. Jon Spencer: Provide a written report back to WG15 on the results of the ad hoc meeting on synchronization at the Oct/94 meeting.
52. United States: Review N416 and N420 and forward them to PASC for consideration.
53. Convenor: Forward the batch services division to SC22.
54. United States: review SC22 N1566 and JTC1 N2890 and report back to WG15 if there are any issues.
55. United States: Forward N462 to PASC for possible inclusion in 1003.2b and report back to WG15 on actions taken; reference WG15 resolution 94-282.
56. United States: Forward N444 to PASC for posssible inclusion in 1003.2b and report back to WG15 on actions taken; reference WG15 resolution 94- 283.
57. Convenor: Confirm that the Netherlands is hosting the May 1995 meeting.
58. CEN working relation: Send N495 to CEN/TC304 and inform CEN of WG15's interest in their registry for possible future use in registering POSIX national profiles, locales and charmaps; reference resolution 94- 267.
59. Convenor: Request SC22 to invite up to two people from CEN/TC304 to participate in future WG15 meetings.
60. SGFS Liaison: Forward WG15 resolution 94-272 to SGFS.
61. Convenor: Forward WG15 resolution 94- 272 to the IEEE PASC 1003.0 working group.
62. SGFS Liaison: Forward N480 to SGFS as the WG15 contribution relating to JTC1 N2527, with reference to ISO Guide 25, reference WG15 resolution 94-273.
63. WG20 Liaison: Forward N494r to WG20, reference WG15 resolution 94-276.
64. Convenor: Notify SC22 WG14 and the SC22 Secretariat of the appointment of Mr. Keld Simonsen as WG15's liaison to WG14.
65. Convenor: Inquire if the Netherlands will be providing a person for the vice chair position at the Oct/94 WG15 meeting.
2.1 Issues ListNo Activity
2.2 JTC1 Actions Affecting GroupConvenor reported that the JTC1 ballot on 13210 passed.
There is a current ballot out on Ada.
2.3 SC22 action, Convenor Report [N508] [N510]Ballot on Guidelines for National profiles and National Locales is to be revised by WG15. Convenor reviewed report in detail.
2.4 Report on IEEE PASC Standards ProjectsReference SD11
2.5 Liaison and Working Relationship Reports:
2.5.1 Ada [RRG] [N475] [N459]No report
2.5.2 WG11/Cross LanguageNo new activity to report
2.5.3 WG13/Modula 2 Bindings [N509] [N505]Netherlands (Herman Weegenaar) raised a quesion on the current Modula 2 binding which is a binding to a LIS. The Netherlands feels that this will create a significant problem for them. Discussion deferred to 5.2.1.
2.5.4 WG20/I18n [N520]WG20 liaison reported on activity.
2.5.5 WG21 C++N. Saito reported that the CD registration ballot is in process.
2.5.6 SGFS [N503] [SGFS1180]
2.5.7 SC21/WG4Martin Kirk reported that there is a document from WG4 that requires a response.
2.5.8 SC27No report or activity. Roger Martin suggested removing the item from future WG15 agendas.
2.5.9 PCTEN. Saito reported that SC22 has formed a WG [WG22] on PCTE.
2.5.10 WG14/ C LanguageKeld Simonsen reported no activity.
2.5.11 EWOS Liaison [N514]
2.5.12 CEN TC304Keld Simonsen reported on the CEN registry activity. CEN is currently balloting an ENV in support of this activity. [results expected by 1Q95]
2.6 Editor ReportDeferred
2.7 Rapporteur Group Report/Status
2.7.1 Conformance Testing [N526]Gerry Powell reviewed status and activity. WG15 actions were developed. RGCT is also drafting a resolution for WG15 to review. It was agreed that in future meetings rapporteur groups should provide draft resolutions, draft action items or reports as appropriate. Not all communication to WG15 need be through resolutions.
2.7.2 Internationalization [N527]Keld Simonsen reported on RIN status and activity. WT1 was reassigned to N530 for further action.
2.7.3 Profile Coordination [N528]Arnie Powell reported on RGCPA status and activity.
2.8 Synchronization ad hoc ReportJim Isaak proposed two action items on member bodies relatiing to this activity. Proposed changes should be submitted to Jon Spencer by December 1, 1994.
4.1 Action related to isssues.None
4.2 Responses to JTC1 or SC22 actionNone
4.2.1 Projects at 3 year window:LIS:
Projects other than Directory Services will show progress in 1995. Action proposed (US) to have the US report back on project status. (SD11). Further, US should propose/ draft a WG15 resolution in response to the requirement.
4.3 Proposals related to IEEE PASC activities and/or PrioritiesNone
4.4 Liaison statements and actions related theretoNone
4.4.1 Review of SC22 Cross report ballot summary from SC22[N512, N513]None
4.5 Actions arising from rapporteur group reports
4.5.1 Review of Terms of Reference, Task Assignment and near term objectives
4.6 Defect Reports/Interpretations and Corregenda
4.7 Review of Project Management Summary Report[N486, N508]John Hill reviewed the format of the document. The intent is to establish a process that would allow WG15 to more easily track the progress of WG15 work. It was agreed that the report was of value to WG15 member bodies. It was further agreed that the report should be available to WG15 member bodies two months prior to each WG15 meeting.
4.8 Synchronization Plan Revision[N476][N352r2][N460][N381]Keld Simonsen raised concerns relative to the current process. Current procedures allow the project editor to make changes to standards in the disposition of comments process as well as in the defect resolution process. It was decided that one hour of plenary time would be allocated to further discussion. One of Keld's concerns is that some items that are considered editorial changes in ISO process are considered to be normative changes in the IEEE process. Keld Simonsen agreed to set up an email mailing list (SC22WG15SYNC@DKUUG.DK) in order to facilitate discussion on synchronization.
A number of WG15 actions were generated from the discussion.
4.9 Charmap Issues
4.9.1 CHARID (report on [N462]) [N515]Canada requested further clarification of the US response to action item 9405-55. The US will provide early visibility of the proposed addition to 1003.2b to WG15.
4.9.2 Charsymbmap (Report on [N444]) [N515]Keld Simonsen reviewed concerns relative to the rejection of N444 (action item 9405-56). The US agreed that this proposal could be revisited. Keld Simonsen agreed that the actions discussed in 4.9.1 would help to resolve the concerns.
5.1 9945-0 LIS System Interface22.21.01.01 System Interface LIS (1372) Herman Weganaar questioned whether ISO standards could make reference to TRs. Jim Isaak reported that JTC1 discussions on this were currently underway.
5.2 9945-2 Shell and Utilities
5.2.1 22.21.02.01 Shell and utilities base
5.2.2 22.21.02.02 User Portability Extensions
5.2.3 22.41 Additional Utilities [N416]Keld Simonsen indicated that Denmark isn't satisfied with the response reflected in N416.
5.2.4 22.43 Security Amendment
5.2.5 22.21.03.02 Batch Services
5.3 Administered Systems
5.3.1 22.21.03.01 System Administration
5.3.2 22.21.03.04 Software Administration [N506]Jim Isaak noted that comments from member bodies were requested.
5.3.3 22.21.03.05 User Administration [N507]
5.3.4 22.21.03.03 Print Administration
5.3.5 22.21.03.02 Batch Services
5.4 9945-1 C Language Binding
5.4.1 22.21.04.01 C Language binding
5.4.2 22.39 Extensions to base
5.4.3 22.21.01.02 Real time extensions
5.4.4 22.21.01.02 Real time Extensions
5.4.5 22.40 Extensions to Real Time
5.4.6 22.42 Security Ammendment
5.4.7 01.03.01 Transparent File Access
5.4.8 01.03.03 Protocol Independent Interface
5.4.9 01.03.04 Directory Services
5.5 14519 Ada Language Bindings22.21.04.02 Ada Language binding
5.6 Fortran Language Binding22.21.04.03 Fortran Language binding
5.7 14252 Guide to POSIX OSE [N502] [N519] [WT3]22.38 TR Guide to POSIX OSE
Discussion was held relative to the progression of PDTR. RGCPA reviewed the disposition of comments and forwarded a resolution to recommending progression to DTR.
5.8 Test Methods
5.8.1 22.37 DIS 13210 Test Methods [N517] [N518]Roger Martin reviewed the status and disposition of comments. Recommendation the disposition of comments be accepted/approved. Resolution has been drafted.
5.8.2 14515 Test Methods for 9945-1:1990 [2003.1]Roger Martin reported that 2003.1 has been approved for forwarding to SC22 for CD registration and ballot.
5.8.3 14515 Test Methods for 9945-2 [2003.2]Jim Isaak reported that the division of work has been approved. Roger Martin reported that 2003.2 is undergoing ballot resolution at the IEEE.
5.9 Guide for National Profiles and Locales[N461] [N470] [N503]WT2 (Proposal from RIN) was discussd and generally agreed to as a replacement for N387r. Resolution discussion followed and a revised resolution was drafted. Revised NP (N387r2) will be submitted to SC22 as a consultative letter ballot.
[N525] [N529] [N387r]
[N470] [N521] [N527]
6.1 UK Paper on Application Conformance [N511]Dave Cannon reviewed paper on UK issues/concerns. One of the solutions suggested was a form of branding. Member bodies were actioned for comment.
6.2 Review of Project Management Report Example [N508]Covered earlier in the meeting. Convenor will produce a pilot document.
6.3 Editorial Meetings for Disposition of Comments [N516]Ron Elliott (Germany) expressed concerns with current practice. (2 weeks not sufficient notice) Resolution was drafted to address Germany's concerns.
6.4 EWOS Relationship [N514]It was agreed that establishing liaison with EWOS is in the best interests of WG15. Convenor was actioned to pursue this liaison.
6.5 RIN EMAIL RequestKeld Simonsen discussed RIN resolution.
6.6 CEN Registry [N444]Keld Simonsen initiated discussion of the document/proposal. It was established that CEN (TC304) has a working relationship to WG15. WG15 does not have a liaison to TC304. It was not posssible to determine what if any documentation exists in support of the TC304/WG15 working relationship. Convenor was actioned to determine JTC 1 position on proposed CEN registry. It was decided that discussion on the CEN (N444) management/ administrative issues should be discussed at the next meeting of WG15. This would allow the Convenor to obtain the relevent documentation.
Member bodies were actioned to do a technical review of N444. N515 (US review) pertains to this.
7.1 Task/Assignments for Rapporteur GroupsNo new work asssigned
7.2 ResolutionsJohn Hill reviewed (for WG15 approval) the resolutions developed in the Whistler, WG15 meeting.
Resolution 94-285 PDTR 14252 'Guide to POSIX OSE' for DTR RegistrationIn accordance with the synchronization plan which is in effect between IEEE and SC22/WG15, SC22/WG15:Resolution 94-286 Liaison Statement to SC21/WG4
Approves the disposition of comments as distributed by the SC22/WG15 Project Editor (WG15 N519), and
Instructs its Project Editor to forward the revised version of PDTR 14252 to the SC22 Secretariat for processing as a DTR.SC22/WG15 instructs its liaison to SC21/WG4 to forward the following liaison statement to SC21/WG4.Resolution 94-287 Termination of Liaison to JTC1/SC27, Security Techniques
This is the response of SC22/WG15 to SC21/WG4 in regards to Issue 15, pages 45-46, Annex B (Issues), ISO/IEC CD 10164-18 (January 1994) "Information Technology -- Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management - Part 18: Software Management Function".
Issue 15 includes an assessment of the Software Management Function (SWMF) compared to the POSIX 1387.2 model with a request for SC22/WG15 to consider the assessment.
SC22/WG15 agrees with the assessment of SC21/WG4 given in Issue 15, pages 45-46, Annex B (Issues), ISO/IEC CD 10164-18 (January 1994) "Information Technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management - Part 18: Software Management Function".
The scopes of the two models are different and only a high level mapping is needed. Mapping between the two POSIX object classes (Software and Software File) and the two SWMF object classes (Software Unit and Executable Software) has been studied, and SC22/WG15 believes that a usable mapping is possible for both the object classes and their associated behavior.
A copy of the ballot draft (Draft 13) of POSIX 1387.2 Software Administration has previously been transmitted to SC21/WG4 for information.
Whereas SC22/WG15 notes the absence of any volunteer to act as its liaison to JTC1/SC27, SC22/WG15 Resolves to terminate its liaison to JTC1/SC27, and Instructs its convener to request the SC22 Secretariat notify the SC27 Secretariat of that fact.Resolution 94-288 Editing Meeting and Resultant Disposition of Comments ReportsWhereas SC22/WG15Resolution 94-289 SC22/WG15 Response to SC22/WG20 Liaison Statement
Notes the likely completion of several of the ballot periods for its standards and amendments before SC22/WG15 is scheduled to meet again, and
Acknowledges that expedited processing of disposition of comments reports is beneficial,
Authorizes its Project Editor to hold editing meetings for the below-listed documents.Subject JTC1 Project IEEE Ref.
POSIX System API - Real Time 22.21.01.02.01 1003.1b Extension (Amendment to 9945-1)
POSIX System API - Additional 22.21.01.02.02 1003.1c Real Time Extensions (Amendments to 9945-1)
POSIX Shell and Utilities - 22.21.03.02 1003.2d Batch Services (Amendments to 9945-2)
POSIX System API - Ada Binding 22.21.04.02 1003.5
Test Methods for POSIX Base 14515-1 IEEE Std. 2003.1-1992 Standards - Test Methods for 9945-1:1990
POSIX Administered Systems - 22.21.03.03 1387.4 Print Administration (9945-3)SC22/WG15
Acknowledges receipt of the SC22/WG20 liaison statement on cultural conventions contained in SC22/WG20 N270 (SC22/WG15 N466), and
Instructs its liaison to SC22/WG20 to forward SC22/WG15 N530 as a liaison statement to SC22/WG20.
Resolution 94-290 Revision to proposed NP on POSIX National Profiles and Locales (SC22/WG15 N387R)Whereas:
SC22 approved Resolution B at its 1994 meeting instructing SC22/WG15 to develop a revision of the proposed NP for POSIX National Profiles and Locales (reference SC22 N1625, SC22/WG15 N387R), and
SC22/WG15 has reviewed comments on the proposed NP from the Netherlands, the UK and SGFS
SC22/WG15 approves document SC22/WG15 N387R2, entitled "Proposed NP for 'Guide for the Development of Profiles for POSIX Localization and POSIX <National> Locales'", as its revision of the proposed NP for POSIX National Profiles and Locales, and
SC22/WG15 instructs its convener to forward to the SC22 Secretariat, SC22/WG15 N387R2, together with appropriately modified "front matter" for distribution as a consultative letter ballot, and
SC22/WG15 encourages IEEE PASC to generate a new PAR on this subject, and SC22/WG15 encourages IEEE PASC to cooperate as closely as possible with SC22/WG15 on the development of this project.
Resolution 94-291 Establishment of Liaison to SWG-CAWhereas
JTC1 has established a Special Working Group on Conformity Assessment (SWG-CA) and, SC22/WG15's program of work includes the development of test methods for its standards therefore,
SC22/WG15 establishes a liaison with SWG-CA, and appoints Jerry Powell to be the SC22/WG15 Liaison to SWG-CA.
Resolution 94-292 Use of EmailSC22/WG15Resolution 94-293 Forwarding of Draft Standards/Amendments/Technical Reports
Recognizes the value of extending its use of Email in doing its work, and Agrees to distribute SC22/WG15 documents whenever practicable via Email as well as on paper.
SC22/WG15 instructs its convener to forward the following documents to JTC1/SC22 for Review and Comment:Resolution 94-294 Conduct and Scheduling of SC22/WG15 Editing Meetings
P1003.2b Shell and Utilities - Extensions Draft 10
P1003.1d System API - Real Time Extensions, Additional Draft 9
P1003.1i Technical Corrections to Real Time System API - Extensions Draft 2
P2003R Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX Standards Draft 5WhereasResolution 94-295 Final Disposition of DIS 13210 (Test Methods)
WG15 is aware of some concerns among its Member Bodies regarding the conduct and scheduling of its Editing Meetings,
WG15 instructs its Project Editor as follows: That meetings shall be announced and conducted in accordance with the JTC1 Directives. That at least 4 weeks notice shall be provided for calling editing meetings.
That meeting announcements shall be provided by electronic mail to the SC22/WG15 Email distribution list, and shall be provided by Fax to all Heads of Delegation who do not have recorded electronic mail addresses.
That meetings may be conducted via teleconference.
That all documents to be discussed at the editing meeting shall be made available to all participants at least 2 weeks before the meeting.
That the disposition of comments developed during editing meetings may be distributed via the SC22/WG15 Email distribution list and shall be provided to the SC22/WG15 convener within 2 weeks of the end of the meeting.
That SC22/WG15 retains approval authority for the disposition of comments developed during editing meetings, to be accomplished by either a 30-day SC22/WG15 Letter ballot or a SC22/WG15 Working Group meeting, unless otherwise authorized by a SC22/WG15 resolution
That in the disposition of comments report the participants in the editing meeting shall be identified, as well as the resulting position, if known, of National bodies who balloted negative.
That the Project Editor shall endeavor to ensure the widest possible participation in the editing meeting and shall take this into account when scheduling meetings.
SC22/WG15 instructs its convener to forward SC22/WG15 N518 (disposition of comments for DIS 13210 ballot) and recommend immediate publication of the IS 13210 standard (IEEE Std. 1003.3-1991)Resolution 94-296 AppreciationsSC22/WG15 thanks Patric Dempster for chairing the meeting.Voting on Resolutions:
SC22/WG15 especially thanks the Standards Council of Canada, particularly Mr. Arnie Powell for arranging the meeting accomodation and for assistance during the meeting.
SC22/WG15 thanks Mr. Arnie Powell for serving as secretary for the meeting.
SC22/WG15 thanks Mr. Dave Blackwood, Mr. Ron Elliott, Mr. John Hill, Mr. Keld Simonsen for their devotion to the Drafting Committee.
SC22/WG15 expresses its appreciation to the Rick Hansen Sec. School for its subdued musical interludes.94-285 6-0-1[UK]
7.3 Action Items9410-01 United States: Investigate making electronic copies of draft documents available to WG15 (open action items 9305-33, 9310-15, 9405-06)
9410-02 UK: To provide a report on the progress of its National profile to SC22/WG15 by the May 1995 meeting.
9410-03 Project Editor: Notify the development body of collation weight requirements (resolution 93-230, open action item 9305-60, 9310-23, 9405-12)
9410-04 United States: Review the scope of WG15 POSIX security related items and position this work relative to the proposed program of work and terms of reference of SC21, SC18 and their working groups. United States member body will identify any areas of overlap and report their findings back to WG15 (open action item Paris-01, 9310-25, 9405-14)
9410-05 RIN: Develop a draft WG15 position on ISO 10646 impact on POSIX standards for distribution to Member bodies by Feb. 1 1995 (open action item 9310-46, 9405-22)
9410-06 Member bodies: Comment to WG15 RIN draft position on ISO 10646 impact on POSIX standards (open action item 9310-47, 9405-23)
9410-07 Project Editor: Request ITTF to assign part number 0 to IEEE 1372 LIS for JTC1 numbering (open action item 9310-64, 9405-28)
9410-08 Patric Dempster: Reorganize SD-3 to split open and resolved issues (open action item 9405- 31).
9410-09 Project Editor: Provides a pictorial view of how standards are managed and combined for WG15 mailing prior to the May 1995 meeting (open action item 9405-34).
9510-10 Project Editor: Request IEEE to make 9945-2 available to Japan in an electronic troff format to aid in their translation effort (open action item 9405-39).
9410-11 Project Editor: Provide a report to the WG15 Email distribution list on results of the ad hoc meeting on synchronization by 1 March 1995 (open action item 9405-51).
9410-12 Denmark: Supply National profile to WG15 RIN and WG20
9410-13 Japan: Identify participants in 9945-1 and 9945-2 interpretation process to Convener
9410-14 Convener : Issue "Call for Volunteers" for SGFS Liaison
9410-15 Convener : Issue "Call for Volunteers" for WG15 Liaison to SC22/WG22 (PCTE) for consideration at the next WG15 meeting.
9410-16 Member bodies: Notify Project Editor of the names of the participants for the Synchronization AdHoc by December 31, 1994.
9410-17 United States: To report to the next WG15 meeting as to the status as defined in SD-11 for LIS, TFA, PII and Directory Services, and to deliver a draft resolution for WG15 consideration with respect to reporting to SC22 on WG15 plans for bringing documents forward.
9410-18 Convener : Produce updated Project Management Summary for all parts of project 9945-2 by Feb. 1995 and distribute to National bodies for review prior to next WG15 meeting.
9410-19 Member bodies: Provide input on identification of existing conformance testing activities to the WG15 RGCT Rapporteur (See N526, section 5.1)
9410-20 United States: Provide information on status of 1326, 1326.1, 1326.2, 1328, 1328.1, and 1328.2 test method standards with respect to ISO standardization activities.
9410-21 Keld Simonsen: Set up an Email list (email@example.com) for people interested in working on the revised synchronization plan.
9410-22 Member bodies: Submit names to be included in the synchronization Email list to Keld Simonsen by 18 Nov. 1994.
9410-23 Convener: Distribute electronically N352r2 to the synchronization plan distribution list by 25 Nov. 1994.
9410-24 United States: Distribute to WG15 Email list the details on its proposal on CHARIDS, ref. action item 9405-55 and US reponse (SC22/WG15 N515).
9410-25 Convener: Notify SC22 Secretariat that Jerry Powell is the SC22/WG15 liaison to SWG-CA.
9410-26 United States: Forward the following documents to the convener for SC22/WG15 Review and Comment:P1003.2b Shell and Utilities - Extensions: Draft 10
P1003.1i Technical Corrections to Real Time System API Extensions: Draft 2
P2003R Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX Standards (revision of IEEE Std. 1003.3:1991): Draft 5
9410-27 Member bodies: Review documents listed in 9410-27.
9410-28 Convener: Contact SC22/WG15 liaison to SC22/WG13 to communicate concerns about references to SC22/WG15 documents in Modula 2 binding.
9410-29 United State: Refer N509 (Modula 2 binding queries) to PASC and report back at next SC22/WG15 meeting.
9410-30 Member bodies: Review SC22/WG15 N511 and provide any feedback to the SC22/WG15 Email distribution list.
9410-31 Convener: To pursue appropriate liaison with EWOS as defined in WG15 N514, and to report back to the May 1995 SC22/WG15 meeting.
9410-32 Member bodies: Provide attendee list for October 1995 meeting to Barry Needham by the May 1995 WG15 meeting.
9410-33 Convener: Determine whether Normative reference can be made in JTC1 Standards to documents in a CEN Registry.
9410-34 Convener: Determine the current status and scope of the SC22/WG15 liaison to CEN.
9410-35 Member bodies: Look at the technical aspects of SC22/WG15 N444 and the applicable portion of SC22/WG15 N515, in time for the May 1995 SC22/WG15 meeting.
9410-36 Keld Simonsen: Provide minutes or other pertinent documents from CEN 304 regarding SC22/WG15 N444 and N515.
9410-37 Member bodies: Indicate a preference as to which part of Canada should be considered for the Fall 1997 meeting by the May 1995 meeting.
9410-38 United States: To recommend a course of action with respect to the Directory Services area of work by the May 1995 SC22/WG15 meeting.
9410-39 Project Editor: Forward the revised versions of PDTR 14252 to the SC22 Secretariat for processing as a DTR. (R 94-285).
9410-40 SC21/WG4 Liaison: Forward the Liaison Statement (R 94-286) to SC21/WG4.
9410-41 Convener: Request that the SC22 Secretariat notify the SC27 Secretariat that SC22/WG15 wishes to terminate its liaison to JTC1 SC27. (R 94-287)
9410-42 Project Editor: WG15 Instructs its project editor to hold editing meetings as/if required, in accordance with resolution R 94-288.
9410-43 SC22/WG20 Liaison: WG15 instructs is liaison to SC22/WG20 to foreward SC22/WG15 N530 as a liaison statement to SC22/WG20. (R 94-289)
9410-44 Convener: WG15 instructs its convener to forward WG15 N387r together with the appropriately modified "front matter" to the SC22 Secretariat for distribution as a consultative letter ballot. (R 94-290)
9410-45 Convener: WG15 instructs its convener to foreward the documents detailed in R 94-293.
9410-46 Convener: WG15 instructs its convener to foreward SC22/WG15 N518 (disposition of comments for DIS 13210 ballot) and recommend immediate publication of the IS. (R 94-295)
The action items were reviewed and approved.
7.4 Issues List
8.1 Future Meeting Considerations - Request for InvitationsJim Isaak led a discussion on a recommended change to meeting schedules. The recommendation is to hold WG15 Plenary meetings ahead of Rapporteur Group Meetings. Decision was to hold the WG15 meeting at the beginning of the week and the rapporteur group meetings at the end of the week.Tentative Schedule:
May 8-12, 1995 Netherlands Fall 95 Orlando, Florida Spring 96 Denmark Fall 96 Europe Spring 97 Australia/Singapore Fall 97 Canada
8.2 Document Number AssignmentCompleted
8.3 Selection of Vice Chair, Secretary for next meetingBarry Needham will be Vice Chair
8.4 Agenda for Next MeetingCompleted
8.5 Thanks to host